“Terre di Pisa” is a new tourist destination, a brand that identifies the unique food-farming, artistic, artisanal, historic and natural assets of the Pisa territory, alongside the excellent local tourist facilities. A shared project supported by thirty-three towns, the Valdera and Altavaldera Union, numerous Trade Associations and tourist organisations representative of the Pisa territory.
The project aims to improve the quality of tourist services offered on the territory, to promote food-farming and artisanal products, to raise awareness in those involved and to attract tourists searching for off-the-beaten-track destinations and products, providing experiences of authentic Tuscan lifestyle. Terre di Pisa is a new holiday destination in Tuscany that can offer a multifaceted and unique experience, featuring:
- Historical and architectural sites (Volterra, San Miniato, Lari, Lajatico, and of course the city of Pisa itself).
- Wonderful natural settings (Monti Pisani hills, Colline Metallifere mountain-hill group, the Migliarino, San Rossore, Massaciuccoli Natural Park, wildlife sanctuaries, and the Colline Pisane region) ideal for outdoor activities.
- Wineries, farms and local food and agriculture companies offering professional standard hospitality services.
- Diverse and widespread tourist accommodation options (hotels, holiday farmhouses, B&Bs, campsites, houses, flats, historic houses).
- Nearby sea and beaches.
- A wide variety of local complementary food specialities (wine, oil, pasta, dairy products, truffles…).
- Thermal baths (San Giuliano Terme, Casciana Terme, Uliveto Terme).
- Various sports activities (bike and mountain bike, trekking and extreme trekking, swimming, flying, golfing, horse riding, canoeing).
- Infrastructure ideal for “green” holiday activities (hiking paths and trails including the Via Francigena).
- Artisanal experiences such as visits to workshops to admire local traditional/artistic productions and also artisanal courses expressly designed for tourists.
TERRE DI PISA STATUTE AND MEMBERSHIP
Any of the organisation typologies listed below, in any legal form, registered in the Province of Pisa or in the neighbouring towns can join “Terre di Pisa” statute.
- Hotels and other types of accommodation facilities.
- Food and drink services (restaurants, trattorias, taverns, wine bars, catering services).
- Local food and agriculture companies, and artisanal and manufacturing firms (including wineries, olive presses, and local deli shops).
- Tourist service agencies (tour operators, incoming tour operators, car rental services with or without driver, transport companies, tourist guides, nature and food&wine guides, SPAs, thermal facilities, other tourist service agencies).
- Sites of historical, artistic, cultural and environmental interest.
The application must be accompanied by a self-certification declaring the applicant’s conformity to the requirements listed in the “Terre di Pisa” Statute in terms of compliance with the regulations of the CCNL (Contratto Collettivo Nazionale di Lavoro, Italy’s national collective labour agreement), to health and safety rules, and to set standards of service, quality and authenticity of the offer.
Participation is voluntary and free of charge, and involves the inclusion in communication and promotion campaigns in favour of the “Terre di Pisa” tourist destination, targeting the Italian and foreign markets. Participation in the project assures visibility on the “Terre di Pisa” internet website and will encourage the creation of a network to source other qualified operators that can be added to tourist packages or that can be contacted in order to meet the customers’ requests.