It is a historical residence on the second floor of a 17th-century palace built by the noble Ricciarelli family, a short distance from Piazza dei Priori. Over the centuries the palace has been enlarged and has undergone several transformations before being purchased in the early 20th century by the Dello Sbarba family, who still owns it.
The residence still retains the charm of times past, the beautiful frescoed rooms lend themselves to events of all kinds.
The Dello Sbarba is an ancient family from Volterra who has owned the palace since 1910. The palace is the result of more ancient corps of buildings, as shown on the main façade in Via Ricciarelli. In the early 19th century, the palace was enlarged and renovated. Interiors have been adapted according to the needs, the taste of the times.