Saturday 3.00-6.00 pm
Info: 0571- 466750
Foundation Santa Marta
A former Benedictine monastery and girls’ boarding school founded in 1589 by a wealthy merchant from the city who gave his native town a place of culture, moral and religious education, especially for poor girls. This educational activity has survived almost to the present day.
In the church and museum of the Conservatorio di Santa Marta, opened in 2011 in collaboration with the Diocese of San Miniato, are preserved important works of art such as canvases, panels, illuminated manuscripts, wall hangings and silverware made by artists including Lodovico Cardi known as Il Cigoli, Lorenzo Monaco, Santi di Tito and Don Simone Camaldolese.