The little but cozy museum is situated in what used to be the village prison, in the right wing of the Town Hall.
The gallery contains a collection of paintings, sculptures, bas-reliefs and drawings by Giorgio Kienerk (1869 – 1948), donated to the Town Hall by the painter’s daughter, Vittoria.
Giorgio Kienerk, who immortalized the local countryside, was active from the end of the 19th century to the middle of the 20th century. He began his artistic career by following the teachings of Adriano Cecioni and Telemaco Signorini (artists of the Macchiaioli group). His artistic journey conducted him through Divisionism, Symbolism, Modernist illustrations up to his genial invention of refined and concise ‘spots’ or ‘smiles’, as he often called them, as they can be recognized even if not having a drawn outline.