The Veterinary Anatomical Museum was founded in Pisa in 1839 together with the chair of Zooiatry aggregated to the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Pisa, with the specific intent to document the anatomical peculiarities of those species of domestic animals bred for economic purposes.
The Museum, situated along the Viale delle Piagge, currently houses about 900 artifacts (skeletons, dried preparations, stuffed, stuffed and preserved in alcohol) of animal species from livestock production and pets, especially the horse, for its importance in the historical and social evolution of man.
There are also many anatomical preparations of dromedaries from the San Rossore estate. There is also a collection of teratology.
The Veterinary Anatomical Museum is part of the University of Pisa Museum System .