/

DESCRIZIONE

Counted in 1276 among the parish churches of the diocese of Pisa, the building was altered and enlarged over the centuries until the remodelling carried out in the early 20th century.
The bell tower, topped by an unusual dome-shaped covering, was obtained from a medieval tower which retained its crenellation until the 19th century.

The interior, divided into a nave and two aisles and decorated with frescoes by Pietro Giarrè, preserves a wooden ‘Madonna and Child’ dating from 1369. This venerated sculpture is known as ‘Madonna del Monte’ (Our Lady of the Mountain) because it was found in the craggy caves above Panicale.


Info: 0587.-723214
Parish of Buti